New stock arriving late October 2020
New Version 1.2 – see documentation for changed features.
The Pi-Connect Lite is a professional HAT add-on board, allowing easy integration of the Raspberry Pi to a ArduPilot/PX4 flight controller. It integrates the following into a single board:
- 5.1V/3.5A low noise power supply with high quality components
- Telemetry port for connection to Ardupilot/PX4 based flight controller
- Power switch for safety shutting down the Raspberry Pi (requires software configuration in the Pi. See documentation for details)
It is 100% compliant with the Raspberry Pi HAT spec (using the uHAT size) and is compatible with the Raspberry Pi 2, 3, 4 and Zero.
The board also features a power switch which safely switches off the Pi via issuing a shutdown signal. This ensures the Pi is cleanly shutdown and reduces the risk of system corruption.
The Pi-Connect Lite contains a high-end power supply specifically designed for powering the Raspberry Pi itself and any attached USB devices (such as cameras). The power supply does not produce voltage sag at high currents. It has the following features:
- Wide input voltage (7 – 30V)
- High efficiency power supply (minimum 84%, typically 90%+)
- Reverse input protection
- ESD protected
- Supplies a full 5.1V at 3.5A for the Pi and any connected USB devices
- Overcurrent protection
- Short circuit protection
- Low EMI and EMC
A standard telemetry port allows Ardupilot/PX4 controllers to easily connect to the Pi’s UART:
- 1x Telemetry (serial) port using a JST-GH 6-pin DroneCode standard connector
- Power and telemetry cables are sold separately. A power cable will automatically be added to your cart. Scroll down for store links to both.
- Product Manual can be found at https://www.docs.rpanion.com/products/pi-connect-lite