Currently in beta testing. Specifications and features may change.
The RoverBase (Rover Baseboard) is an all-in-one power management and motor controller board for small skid-steer ground rovers. It is compatible with ArduPilot and PX4 flight controllers.
The RoverBase integrates the following into a single board:
- 18650 battery power supply in a 2S2P layout (4 batteries required)
- 2x 5.1V, 3A power supplies.
- Voltage and current monitoring
- 2x 7.4V, 1.7A brushed DC motor controllers
- Power switches for major subsystems
- Battery charging port
- Overcurrent protection
For compatibly with most ArduPilot and PX4 flight controllers, RoverBase uses a standard JST-GH port to provide power and power monitoring, as per the Pixhawk standard. Additionally, the motor controllers are compatible with the Brushed DC motor settings in ArduPilot and PX4.
There are 4 power circuits on the board:
- Battery pass-through (AUX1), for supplying power to devices such as video transmitters or cameras.
- Flight Controller power – 5.1V, 3A
- Servo power (AUX2) – 5.1V, 3A. It also can supply power to other 5V devices, such as companion computers.
- Motor Power
In addition, there are individual hardware switches for toggling power to the whole RoverBase (master power), AUX2 and motors.
For safety the RoverBase will automatically switch off if the battery current exceeds 7A. Each of the power circuits will also switch off if it’s rated current is exceeded.